YOUR BODY IS DIFFERENT. YOUR SELF-IDENTITY IS CRACKED OPEN. YOUR FITNESS NEEDS ARE DIFFERENT.
WELCOME TO REVOLUTION MOTHERHOOD.
C-Section, Vaginal, Epidural, Doula, Midwife, OB, Home, Hospital, Scarring, Tearing, Leaking, Organ Prolapse, Diastasis-Recti, Stitches, 6-Week Check Up…NOW WHAT?
Your belly is mushy. Your back hurts. Walking feels good - kind of - you leak sometimes - your hips hurt and are weirdly tight and open at the same time, your shoulders are collapsed and your jaw locked. You’re exhausted and high on caffeine, don’t know what you’re doing but are figuring it out…sort of.
You’re dying to work out - but can’t even begin to figure out how to put it all back together and worst of all, YOU'RE SCARED OF HURTING YOURSELF IF YOU TRY.
STEP 1: FOUNDATIONS (MINI, INTENSIVE AND 12-Week)
CLASS 1-4 - You begin on the INTERNAL with a soft foam roller that relaxes you enough to concentrate on your deep abs, your TVA, and your PELVIC CORRIDOR. Using breath and extremely effective cueing, I get you in touch with muscles that haven’t worked in….a long time. It takes patience and persistence. It takes a community motivating and inspiring you to show up for yourself . You will breath, turn kegals into your waist strength, open your shoulders and relax your neck, unite your ribcage and turn your butt back on.
CLASS 5-8 - YOU MOVE - now you have CONNECTION. Your abs are turning on, you have a base-line to your inner core strength and can start to sweat with POWER while continuing to stabilize yourself from the INSIDE-OUT.
CLASS 9-12 - YOUR BRIDGE TO BOOTCAMP - Turn up the music, the movement is CONTINUAL, all of your small muscle isolation is now muscle FATIGUE, your external abs - aka your 6-pack- are kicked into action, you can breath hard enough to do CARDIO, stretching to COOL DOWN and RIDE the EXERCISE HIGH.
Step 2: INTEGRATION
YOGA BOOT CAMP - KICKING YOUR BOOTY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE - Because getting your body and life in order is a life-long, circuitous journey and you have to stay in RELATIONSHIP with yourself in order to keep progressing.
REVOLUTION MOTHERHOOD IS
EFFECTIVE AND CREATES RESULTS
Every Class is MULT MODALITY. I use everything I’ve got to get you healthy, fit, strong and happy - yoga, bootcamp, barre, PT, MELT, pilates, cardio, anatomy, shiatsu
VIDEOS = You work out EVERY DAY - NO EXCUSES - they are short, to the point and awesome shots of YOU TIME
YOU OWN THIS INFORMATION IN YOUR BODY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
YOU CAN WORK OUT ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, IN ANY CLASS, CONFIDENTLY.
Revolution Motherhood is Conscious and Embodied Living
Bringing the best of private and group classes together, I get to know YOU, your body, your birth experience and your needs. I stay with you over the weeks, championing your achievements and supporting you through deep healing. And most importantly, you learn to trust yourself and your body again.
Over 6 OR 12-weeks, you will experience the life-changing effects of empowering yourself physically, emotionally and mentally. Your physical resilience will be reinforced and support your emotional and mental resilience! You will walk away armed with the skills, exercises and knowledge to care for your body for the rest of your life!
Tuesdays 3:30-4:40pm (Manhattan), Thursdays 10-11am (Park Slope), Sundays 10:15-11:15am (Park Slope)
Over 12-powerful classes, you will:
- Learn how to organize your pelvis for optimal core connection and strength in any pose
- Strengthen your arms, core, legs and back - learn how to listen to small aches and pains and adjust to protect and heal persistent mom-injuries (wrists, low back, neck)
- Enjoy sweating and moving consistently for a full hour of uninterrupted ‘you’ time while connecting to a fun community of moms
- Learn how to trust, enjoy and love your body - celebrate how far you have come and experience the self-empowerment of building the skills to live in your body with strength, stability and ease for the rest of your life!
- Develop a personal fitness program! You will walk away from these series with the knowledge to exercise anywhere, anytime - including at home on your own! - and most importantly - your physical wellness will be a HABIT in your daily schedule!
- Calm your busy mom-brain, move stale emotions, fatigue and frustrations through and get back in touch with your essential self
- Make life-long friendships and connections to mothers committed to living healthy, happy lives
INTEGRATION - YOGA BOOT CAMP
Sundays 9-10am Beginning September 17 (Park Slope)
It's time to get SWEATY and STRONG! This class continues to deepen, refine and integrate your body into whole, functioning, vibrant movement! Enjoy working out to great music in this baby-free class with your mom-friends and community! This class is perfect if you have older children and are new to Revolution Motherhood!
The relationship that we establish in Foundations is SO powerful. I get to know your body and history and I want to keep supporting you as you move on from those initial tender months postpartum and are ready for the maintenance of regular exercise and healthy living.
Now that you understand how to stabilize your core and move with breath from your trunk:
- Re-introduce muscle fatiguing movement for abdominal, thigh and gluteal muscles
- Integrate small muscle isolation and alignment into whole body strengthening and toning exercises
- Lengthen AND Strengthen with yoga intervals woven into class
- Rebalance with mediation, deep relaxation and soft foam rolling
RETURNING Winter 2017
Focused on the first 6-Classes of Foundations. In the MINI Program, you go deep into subtle core muscles - your pelvic floor, waist, breathing and repatterining. This series is a perfect introduction to Revolution Motherhood programming and builds into larger exercises more gradually than Foundations.
Perfect if you are:
- wanting a powerful introduction to the bedrock principals of how to access your core, heal your body, tighten your waist and gluts, breath for strength and ease, while relieving tension and stress in your postpartum body
- navigating 3 finger (or more) diastasis, prolapse or other pelvic trauma and need a bridge back to exercise but aren't ready for the bigger movements of Foundations
- heading back to work and need a quicker version of Foundations
- working out, but still have a 'mommy tummy' and can't seem to access your core deeply or effectively
- ready to start right away and you missed joining Foundations
Over 6-weeks, you will turn your deep core and pelvic stabilizing muscles back on. You will walk away set up to get back into your favorite boutique fitness classes safely and confidently and will have a strong launching point to join Foundations or Integration!